RSM Series; Remote Site Managers - User’s Guide
• Audit Log: Enables and conﬁgures the Audit Log feature, as described in
Section 5.4.3. (Default = On - Without Syslog.)
• Callback Security: Enables / conﬁgures the Callback Security Function
as described in Section 5.4.4. In order for this feature to function, a
Callback number must also be deﬁned for each desired user account as
described in Section 5.6.
• "/PW" Command: Enables/Disables the /PW (Change Password)
command. When enabled, the /PW command can be issued at the text
interface by any user account in order to change that account’s password.
When disabled, accounts that do not permit Supervisor commands will
not be able to change passwords. (Default = Off.)
5.4.1. The Real Time Clock and Calendar
The Real Time Clock menu is used to set the RSM's internal clock and
calendar. To access the Real Time Clock Menu, proceed as follows:
• Text Interface: Type /F and press [Enter]. The System Parameters
menu will appear as shown in Figure 5.3. At the System Parameters
menu, type 3 and press [Enter] to display the Real Time Clock menu.
• Web Browser Interface: Click on the "System Properties" link at the
left hand side of the RSM Home Screen to display the System Parameters
menu as shown in Figure 5.4. From the System Parameters Menu, click
on the "Real Time Clock" link to access the Real Time Clock menu.
The conﬁguration menu for the Real Time Clock offers the following options:
• Date: Sets the Month, Date, Year and day of the week for the RSM’s
• Time: Sets the Hour, Minute and Second for the RSM’s real time clock/
calendar. Key in the time using the 24-hour (military) format.
• Time Zone: Sets the time zone, relative to Greenwich Mean Time. Note
that the Time Zone setting will function differently, depending on whether
or not the NTP feature is enabled and properly conﬁgured:
(Default = GMT (No DST).)
◆ NTP Enabled: The Time Zone setting is used to adjust the Greenwich
Mean Time value (received from the NTP server) to determine the
precise local time for the selected time zone.
◆ NTP Disabled: If NTP is disabled, or if the RSM is not able to access
the NTP server, then status screens and activity logs will list the
selected Time Zone and current Real Time Clock value, but will not
apply the correction factor to the displayed Real Time Clock value.