2. Unit Description
2.1. Front Panel
ON RDY CONNECTIONS
12 3 4567 8
Figure 2.1: Instrument Front Panel (Model RSM-8 Shown)
CLEAR: Restarts the RSM without changing user-selected
Note: When Clear is pressed, all ports will be disconnected.
ON: Lights when AC Power is applied.
SET: Used to Initialize the RSM to default parameters. To initialize the
RSM, press and hold the SET button for approximately ﬁve seconds.
• During initialization, all port LEDs will ﬂash ON three times.
• After initialization, all command-selected parameters will be
cleared, and the RSM will revert to the default parameters. The
default "super" user account will also be restored.
RDY: (Ready) Flashes to indicate unit is operational.
ACTIVITY LEDs: A series of LEDs, which light to indicate data
activity at the corresponding port.
• RSM-8 units include 8 Activity LEDs
• RSM-16 and RSM-16DC units include 16 Activity LEDs
• RSM-32 and RSM-32DC units include 32 Activity LEDs.