RSM Series; Remote Site Managers - User’s Guide
Establishes a bidirectional connection between two ports. For more
information, see Section 7.1. There are two types of connections:
• Resident Connect: If the /C command speciﬁes only one port, your
resident port will be connected to the speciﬁed port.
• Third Party Connect: If the /C command speciﬁes two ports, the unit
will connect the two ports indicated. Third Party Connections can only be
initiated by ports and accounts that permit Supervisor commands.
• If your user account does not permit Supervisor commands, you
will only be allowed to connect to ports speciﬁcally allowed by that
• If the user account permits Supervisor commands, you are allowed
to connect to any port.
• RS232 Ports are not allowed to create a Third Party connection to
the Network Port. For example, Port 1 cannot connect Port 3 to the
Availability: Supervisor / Non-Supervisor
Format: /C <x> [x] [Enter]
Where x is the number or name of the port(s) to be connected.
Verbose: "Connected xx." When a Resident Connection is initiated, the
RSM will also display the Resident Disconnect Sequence.
/CP Copy RS232 Port Parameters
Allows quick set-up when several RS232 ports will be conﬁgured with similar
parameters. When the /CP command is invoked, the RSM will display a menu
that can be used to copy parameters to RS232 ports. For more information and
other command options, please refer to Section 5.8.
Availability: Supervisor Only
Format: /CP [Enter]
Response: Displays Copy Parameters Menu.