6.8.10. Email Messaging Parameters
The Email Messaging menu is used to define parameters for email messages that the
RPC can send to notify you when an alarm is triggered. The Email Configuration menu
offers the following options:
• Enable: Enables/Disables the Email Messaging feature. When disabled, the RPC
will not be able to send email messages when an alarm is generated.
• SMTPServer: This prompt is used to define the address of your SMTP Email
• PortNumber: Selects the TCP/IP port number that will be used for email
• UserName: The User Name that will be entered when logging into your email
• Password: The password that will be used when logging into your email server.
• AuthType: The Authentication type; the RPC allows you to select None, Plain,
• FromName: The name that will appear in the "From" field in email sent by the
• FromAddress: The email address that will appear in the "From" field in email sent
• ToAddress: The address(es) that will receive email messages generated by the
RPC. Note that up to three "To" addresses may be defined, and that when Alarm
Configuration parameters are selected as described in Section 8, you may then
designate one, two or all three of these addresses as recipients for email messages
• SendTestEmail: Sends a test email, using the parameters that are currently
defined for the Email configuration menu.