15. Saving and Restoring Configuration Parameters
Once the RPC has been properly configured, parameters can be downloaded and
saved as an ASCII text file. Later, if the configuration is accidentally altered, the saved
parameters can be uploaded to automatically reconfigure the unit without the need to
manually assign each parameter.
Saved parameters can also be uploaded to other identical RPC units, allowing rapid set-
up when several identical units will be configured with the same parameters.
The "Save Parameters" procedure can be performed from any terminal emulation
program (e.g., TeraTerm©, etc.,) that allows downloading of ASCII files.
15.1. Sending Parameters to a File
15.1.1. Downloading & Saving Parameters via Text Interface
1. Start your terminal emulation program and access the Text Interface command
mode using an account that permits Administrator level commands.
2. When the command prompt appears, type /U and press [Enter]. The RPC will
prompt you to configure your terminal emulation program to receive an ASCII
a) Set your terminal emulation program to receive an ASCII download, and the
specify a name for a file that will receive the saved parameters
b) Disable the Line Wrap function for your terminal emulation program. This will
prevent command lines from being broken in two during transmission.
3. When the terminal emulation program is ready to receive the file, return to the
RPC’s Save Parameter File menu, and press [Enter] to proceed. RPC parameters
will be saved on your hard drive in the file specified in Step 2 above.
4. The RPC will send a series of ASCII command lines which specify currently selected
parameters. When the download is complete, press [Enter] to return to the