The Network Parameters menu offers the following options:
1. IP Address: Defines the IP Address for the CMS unit.
Type 1press [Enter], and follow the instructions in the
submenu. (Default = 192.168.168.168).
2. Subnet Mask: Defines the Subnet Mask for the CMS unit.
Type 2press [Enter], and follow the instructions in the
submenu. (Default = undefined)
3. Gateway Address: Defines the Gateway Address for the
CMS unit. Type 3press [Enter], and follow the
instructions in the submenu. (Default = undefined).
4. IP Security: Sets up the IP Security feature as described
in Section 5.5.5.
11. Supervisor Mode (Port 23): Permits or denies access to
the Supervisor Mode. When enabled (Permit), and the
valid Supervisor Password is entered, this port may then
issue Supervisor level commands. If disabled (Deny), the
port may not enter Supervisor Mode, even when the
Supervisor Password is entered. (Default = Permit).
Note: In order to ensure that remote administrators
will always be able to access Supervisor Level
commands via network, the Supervisor Mode will not
be disabled at Port N17 on the CMS-16, and Port N9
on the CMS-8 (for more information, please refer to
12. Logoff Character: Defines the Logoff Character for the
Network Port. The Logoff Character determines the
command(s) or character(s) that must be issued at this port
in order to disconnect from a second port (Resident
Disconnect). (Default = ^X ([Ctrl] plus [X])).
Note: The Logoff Character cannot be used to
terminate a telnet "Direct Connection" or outbound
Telnet connection. For more information, please
refer to Section 8.
CMS-16 / CMS-8 User's Guide