Short Form Instructions
8X8 AUDIO MATRIX SYSTEM
2PX-8000/ RM-8000/ LM-8000
Please take a few minutes to read this manual to familiarize yourself with important information regarding
installation, product features, and operation.
As with most electronic devices, O RIGINAL PACKAGING (OR EQ UAL) IS REQ UIRED in the unlikely event that
the product needs to be returned for servicing.
Short Form Instructions
1. Do not connect the unit to the AC mains until some preliminary settings are completed. AC mains should only be switched
on later in this procedure. Ensure that the AC mains power and phantom power switches are in the O FF position.
2. Set all the output volume lever down to the minimum.
3. Connect each zone O UTPUT of the PX-8000 to the corresponding zone of an amplified loudspeaker system.
4. Connect the LOCAL AUDIO SOURCES (tape deck, CD player, tuner, etc..) to the BGM inputs on the PX-8000
and turn the input gain control knobs (on the rear panel) to half way.
5. Connect the AC mains power cord to the PX-8000 and switch the AC mains power to the O N position. Switch
ON the PHAN TOM PO W ER if condenser microphones will be used with this system.
6. Press the BGM select button located on the front panel until the illuminated number displays the desired input
channel number for the local audio source.
7. Slowly side the output volume lever up on the front panel to increase the volume being sent to the amplifier for
the loudspeaker system until the desired level is reached. Obviously, if there is distortion, feedback, or other
cause for concern, reduce the signal level of the input or the output.
8. Connect one or more LM-8000 to each of the ZON E connectors as needed. There is no need to set the address.
Connect a remote audio source or remote microphone to the LM-8000. Use the gain and BGM select button on the
unit instead of the ones located on the PX-8000. The LM-8000 has a higher priority than the PX-8000 and will
override the gain and BGM Selection of the PX-8000.
9. Connect one or more (maximum 4) RM-8000 units to the remote mic input connector on the back of the PX-8000.
Connect a microphone to each RM-8000. Select one or more zones using the selectors on the front of the RM-8000.
Speak into the microphone and adjust the signal level.
10. Set the levels for each zone as desired by using the zone gain control on the PX-8000 or by using the gain
control on the LM-8000, if so equipped.