4. Mask off the threaded inserts on the top and bottom with masking tape.
5. Protect the front of the loudspeakers by inserting the supplied paint masks in place of
PAINTING THE CABINET, BRACKET KNOBS, AND BRACKET
1. Apply two thin coats of a sandable spray primer to the cabinet and knobs. The bracket
doesn’t require a coat of primer.
2. Allow the primer to dry completely.
3. Apply the finish color.
4. Allow the paint to dry completely.
5. Carefully remove the masking material.
6. Do not reattach the loudspeaker to the bracket until the bracket is mounted. Try to
keep all handling of the freshly-painted parts to a minimum.
Figure 9. Removing the grille using an awl.
PREPARING TO PAINT (CONTINUED)
DS00425BCN_OS_3.indd 14 6/24/05 4:13:24 PM