6. Saving and Restoring Configuration
After the NPS has been properly configured, parameters can be downloaded and saved as an
ASCII text file. Later, if the configuration is accidentally altered, the file with the saved
parameters can be uploaded to automatically reconfigure the unit without the need to manually
assign each parameter.
Saved parameters can also be uploaded to other NPS units. This allows rapid set-up when
several units will be configured with the same parameters.
The "Save Parameters" procedure can be performed from any terminal emulation program (e.g.
ProComm, Crosstalk, Hyperterminal, etc.), which allows downloading of ASCII files.
6.1. Sending Parameters to a File
1. Start your communications program and access the NPS command mode using the System
2. When the NPS command prompt appears, type /DL and press [Enter]. The NPS will
prompt you to prepare your communications program. Set up your communications
program to receive an ASCII download, and specify a name for the file that will receive
the saved parameters (e.g. NPS.PAR).
3. When the communications program is ready to receive the file, return to the NPS
command mode, and press [Enter] to proceed.
4. The NPS will send a series of ASCII command lines which specify the currently selected
NPS Series - Network Power Switches, User's Guide Operation