The Network Parameters menu offers the following options:
1. IP Address: Defines the IP Address for the CMS unit.
(Default = 192.168.168.168).
Note: The CMS-32 includes a default IP Address and
Subnet Mask. This allows you to initially contact the unit
via network from another node on the same subnet. When
installing the CMS in a working network environment, it is
recommended to consult your network administrator and
re-define network parameters accordingly.
2. Subnet Mask: Defines the Subnet Mask for the CMS unit.
(Default = 255.255.255.0)
3. Gateway Address: Defines the Gateway Address for the
CMS unit. (Default = Undefined).
4. IP Security: Sets up the IP Security feature as described
in Section 5.5.5. (Default = Off)
5. SNMP Manager 1: Defines the IP Address for the first
SNMP Manager. This address will receive SNMP Traps
that are generated by CMS RS232 Ports. For more
information, refer to Section 10. (Default = Undefined)
6. SNMP Manager 2: Defines the IP Address for the second
SNMP Manager. (Default = Undefined)
7. SNMP Community: Defines the SNMP Community. For
more information on SNMP Traps, please refer to
Section 10. (Default = Public).
8. SYSLOG IP Address: Defines the IP Address for the
Syslog Daemon that will receive log records generated by
CMS Buffer Mode Ports. For more information, please
refer to Section 9. (Default = Undefined)
9. Syslog Date-Time: Enables/disables the time stamp
feature for Syslog messages. If your Syslog Daemon
already time stamps messages, you may wish to disable this
item. For more information, please refer to Section 9.