5.5.3. RS232 Port Configuration Menus
The Port Configuration Menus are used to select options for each
of the CMS RS232 ports. Parameters selected via these menus
will remain in effect until the unit is initialized or the /P
command is used to reconfigure the port. After initialization,
parameters will revert to the defaults specified by the Option
To select port parameters, proceed as follows:
1. Access the Command Mode. If the password prompt is
displayed, key in your Supervisor Level Password.
2. Type /P, followed by the number of the port to be
configured, and press [Enter]. For example, to configure
Port 3, type /P 3 [Enter]. The Port Configuration menu
will appear (Figure 5.2).
a) If the /P Command is entered at an RS232 Port without
the port number (e.g. /P [Enter]), the configuration
menu for your resident port will be displayed.
b) If the /P command is entered at the Network Port,
without including the port number in the command line,
this will produce an "Invalid Parameter" response.
c) The /P command is only available in Supervisor Mode.
PORT PARAMETERS #03:
1. Port Name: (undefined) 15. Direct Connect: Off
2. Password: (undefined) Telnet Port: 2103
3. Baud Rate: 9600 Raw Port: 3103
4. Bits/Parity: 8-None 16. Syslog: Off
5. Stop Bits: 1 161. Facility: Local_0
6. Handshake Mode: RTS/CTS 162. Level: Emergency
7. Port Mode: Any-to-Any 17. SNMP Trap Level: Off
74. DTR Output: Pulse
8. Supervisor Mode: Permit
9. Logoff Character: ^X
10. Sequence Disconnect: One Character
11. Timeout Disconnect: Off
12. Response Type: Verbose
13. Command Echo: On
14. Accept Break: On
Enter: "<" previous port,
">" next port,
<ESC> exit ...
Figure 5.2: Port Configuration Menu (Port 3 Shown)