S Recording Movies
Movies will be recorded with sound recorded via the camera’s built-in microphone.
To record a movie:
Notes on Movies
• Depending on the make of memory card used, recording may end before the memory
card is full. If this happens, “OUT OF MEMORY” will be displayed, but the incomplete re-
cording is stored as a movie.
• During recording, do not touch the built-in microphone.
• In the Movie shooting mode, the following options will be fixed:
-Flash mode (c27) is BFlash Cancel when not recording Time-lapse movie.
- Self-timer (c30) is Off.
-White balance (c52) is eAuto.
-Metering (c88) is mMatrix.
While recording a movie, optical zoom is unavailable but digital zoom (up to ×2.0) is available.
To use optical zoom, set before recording. When recording starts, optical zoom position is fixed.
1Rotate the mode dial to S
2Turn the camera on
The monitor shows the available recording time.
Press the shutter-release button all the way down
to start recording.
• Camera focuses on subject in the center of the
• During recording, y icon blinks and progress
will be shown by the indicator at the bottom of
• Press d to pause recording. Press d again to
• To finish recording, press the shutter-release
Recording will end automatically when no more space
is available in the memory or on the memory card.