More on Photography
L BACK LIGHT
Use when light is coming from behind your subject, throwing
their features into shadow, or when your subject is in the shade
but the background is brightly lit.
For EFFECT 1, people appear brighter than normal.
For EFFECT 2, the picture is shot to match the brightness of
people. Use this effect when people still appear dark using EFFECT 1.
C C F AF
M CLOSE UP
Use to capture vivid colors in close-up shots of flowers, insects,
and other small objects, with the background artistically
For EFFECT 1, subject is captured more vividly and clearly.
For EFFECT 2, background details are softened and shutter
response is quicker. Optimal for capturing moving subjects such as flowers swaying
in the breeze.
• To focus on objects as close as 4 cm (1.6 in.) to the lens, adjust zoom until the
macro close-up icon (F) in monitor turns green.
• Minimum focus distance varies with zoom position.
• The camera focuses continuously, until AF lock is set by pressing the shutter-
release button halfway.
• Select from 99 areas to focus on in the focus area using the multi selector.
• Blur level:
(changeable) F F
Use indoors where flash photography is prohibited (for exam-
ple, in museums and art galleries) or in other indoor settings
where you do not want to use the flash.
• The Best Shot Selector (BSS; c92) turns on automatically,
reducing the effects of inadvertent camera movement.
• Photography may be prohibited altogether in some locations. Be sure to obtain
• AF-assist illuminator does not light even if for a dark subject.
• Blur level:
C B F AF