The Set-up Menu
i Auto Off
This option is used to choose the time before the mon-
itor turns off automatically to save power from thirty
seconds (30s), one minute (1m, default setting), five
minutes (5m) or thirty minutes (30m). For more details
on Auto off, see page 15.
M/O Format Memory/Card
This option is used to allow the memory or the mem-
ory card to be formatted for use in the camera.
• Before formatting the memory, remove the memory
card from the camera. Format memory is dis-
played in the Set-up menu.
• When the memory card is inserted in the camera, the memory card will be for-
matted. Format card is displayed in the Set-up menu.
Notes on Formatting Memory/Card
• During formatting, the message “FORMATTING” appears. While the message is displayed,
do not turn the camera off or remove the battery or memory card.
• Formatting the memory or the memory card permanently deletes all data they contain, in-
cluding protected pictures and any other data that may be in the memory or on the mem-
ory card. Before formatting, be sure to transfer any valued pictures to a computer (c61).
Notes on Formatting Memory Card
• Before using a new memory card immediately following purchase, format memory card.
• Repeatedly shooting and deleting pictures reduces the performance of memory cards
leading to a decline in camera performance. Using Format regularly for memory cards is
recommended to maintain memory card performance.
•Format is not available when w (c14) is displayed.
Rotate the mode dial to a to select Auto off,
and then press d.
Rotate the mode dial to a to select Format
memory or Format card, and then press d.
Quick format Only the data recorded on the memory card is formatted.
Format The entire memory card is formatted including areas with no data.
Format takes relatively more time than Quick format.
MEMORY CARD FORMAT
MEMORY CARD FORMAT
Quick formatQuick format