Using WDM Software for Remote Administration
Dell Wyse Device Manager (WDM) software is the premier enterprise solution for managing Dell Wyse thin
and zero clients simply, remotely, and securely. To configure the WDM server location and thin client
settings, use the WDM Properties dialog box.
To open WDM properties dialog box:
1. Log in as an Admin.
2. On the Start menu, click All apps → Control Panel → WDM.
The WDM Properties dialog box is displayed.
a. Configure the Server settings:
• Type the IP Address or Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) of the WDM server.
• to use, enter the Port. The default is 80.
• If you are using HTTPS, enter the Secure Port to use. The default is 443(Optional).
b. Configure the Client settings:
• To connect to the WDM server after a failed attempt, enter the Server Connection Retry
Attempts that is the number of attempts.
• To connect to the WDM server after a failed attempt, enter the Interval Between Retry
Attempts that is the number of seconds between attempts.
c. Configure the Discovery settings:
• Select the Use all configured automatic discovery methods check box if you want to enable
all of the following methods — they are used if they are configured. For more information on
setting up the discovery options, see Installation Guide: WDM — for information on WDM
software, see WDM Software for Remote Administration.
• Select DNS Hostname Record (Dynamic Discovery) to allow devices to use the DNS Host
name lookup method to discover a WDM Server.
• Select DNS SRV Record (Dynamic Discovery) Allows devices to use the DNS SRV record
lookup method to discover a WDM Server.
• Select DHCP Option Tags (Dynamic Discovery) to allow devices to use DHCP option tags to
discover a WDM Server.
• Select Manual Discovery (using Find Devices in Management Console) — (Manual Discovery
from WDM) if no Dynamic Discovery method is used. You can use the Find Devices dialog box
to discover devices from WDM. WDM Agents respond to the server discovery by storing the
discovered Web Server IP address and port and begin regular check-ins.
• Enter the number of Missed check-ins after which you want the auto discovery options
d. Click OK.