To permanently save the information, be sure to disable/enable the Unified Write Filter (UWF).
For more information, see Before Configuring your thin clients.
• For more information on using WDM for remote administration and thin client software
upgrade, see Using WDM.
• For details on Custom Field information, see the WDM documentation.
Configuring the RAM Disk Size
RAM Disk is a volatile memory space used for temporary data storage. It makes up the Z drive in the My
Computer window. It can also be used for temporary storage of other data according to administrator
discretion. For more information, see Saving Files and Using Local Drives.
The following items are stored on RAM Disk:
• Browser web page cache
• Browser history
• Browser cookies
• Browser cache
• Temporary internet files
• Print spooling
• User/system temporary files
To configure the RAM Disk size:
1. Log in as an Administrator.
2. On the Start menu, click All apps → Dell Thin Client Application.
The Dell Thin Client Application window is displayed.
3. On the left navigation bar, click RAM Disk.
4. In the RAM Disk size box, type or select the RAM Disk size you want to configure, and then click
If you change the size of the RAM Disk, you are prompted to restart the system for the changes to
To permanently save the information, make sure you disable the Unified Write Filter (UWF). For
more information, see Before Configuring your thin clients.