To add another Bluetooth-enabled device to the thin client device, use the Add a Device wizard.
a. To open the Devices and Printers window, click the Devices and Printers icon in Control Panel.
b. Click Add a Device.
The Add a Device wizard is displayed.
4. Refer to the device documentation and follow the instructions to turn on Bluetooth on the
Bluetooth-enabled device. When the device is discovered by the thin client device, select the device.
Click Next and follow the wizard.
Configuring Wireless Local Area Network Settings
To configure the wireless local area network settings, if wireless support is allowed on the thin client
device use Setup a new connection or network window.
To open the Setup a new connection or network window:
1. Log in as an Admin.
2. On the Start menu, click All apps → Control Panel → Network and Sharing Center → Setup a new
connection or network. You can also select the Open network and sharing session on the taskbar
appeared on the Thin Client Administrator Desktop.
3. In the Setup a new connection or network window, select Manually Connect to Wireless Network,
and then click Next.
4. In the dialog box, enter the following:
• Network Name
• Security type
• Encryption type
• Security key: Depending on the authentication the security key is entered.
5. Select the Start this connection automatically check box.
6. On the taskbar, select the Open network and sharing session and the name of the network which
you entered is displayed.
7. Select Connect.
8. You can also view the network available and directly connect from the Open network and sharing
session on the taskbar of the Thin Client Administrator Desktop.
Using Custom Fields
To enter configuration strings for use by the WDM software, use the Custom Fields dialog box. The
configuration strings can contain information such as location, user, administrator and so on.
To enter the information for use by the WDM server:
1. Log in as an Admin.
2. On the Start Menu, click All apps, and then click Dell Thin Client Application.
The Dell Thin Client Application window is displayed.
3. On the left navigation bar, click Custom Fields.
4. Type the custom field information in the custom field boxes and click Apply.
The custom field information is transferred to the Windows registry which is then available to the