Using Administrative Tools
To access the Administrative Tools window, on the taskbar, click Start Menu → All apps → Control Panel
→ Administrative Tools.
You can use the Administrative Tools window to perform the following tasks:
•Configuring the Component Services
•Viewing the Events
•Managing the Services
Configuring the Component Services
To access and configure the Component Services, Event Viewer and Local Services use the Component
1. Log in as an administrator.
2. On the Start menu, click All apps → Control Panel → Administrative Tools.
3. From the Administrative Tools list, select Component Services.
4. In the Component Services console, select Component Services, Event Viewer or Local Services
from the Console Root tree to configure.
Viewing the Events
To view monitoring and troubleshooting messages from Windows and other programs, use the Event
In the Component Services console, click the Event Viewer icon from the Console Root tree. The
summary of all the logs of the events that have occurred on your computer is displayed.
Managing the Services
To view and manage the services installed on the thin client device, use the Services window. To open
Services window, click Start Menu → All apps → Control Panel → Administrative Tool Services.
1. In the Component Services console, click the Services icon from the console tree.
The list of services is displayed.
2. Right-click on any of the service of your choice. You can perform Start, Stop, Pause, Resume and
You can select Startup type from the drop-down list:
• Automatic (Delayed Start)
NOTE: Make sure the Write Filter is disabled while managing the services.
Using TPM and BitLocker
A TPM is a microchip designed to provide basic security-related functions, primarily involving encryption
keys. BitLocker Drive Encryption (BDE) is a full disk encryption feature which is designed to protect data