Configuring a vWorkspace Connection
vWorkspace is a concept in which the desktop environment of a computer is separated from the physical
computer and hosted as a virtual workspace on multiple environments, such as a virtual desktop
infrastructure (VDI), terminal servers, and/or blade PCs running in a data center.
Workspace virtualization helps group and deliver a list of applications or desktops together as a single
complete virtual workspace. It isolates and centralizes an entire computing workspace. vWorkspace
provides flexible, location and platform independent access by delivering virtual workspace from multiple
To configure a vWorkspace connection:
1. Log in as a user or administrator.
2. On the Start Menu, click All Apps → Dell Wyse vWorkspace, or double-click the vWorkspace icon
on the desktop.
The vWorkspace window is displayed.
3. In the vWorkspace window, enter the vWorkspace Server IP, or your registered email address or
website address, and then press Enter.
4. To retrieve your connector configuration from vWorkspace server, provide the Username, Password,
and Domain credentials. Select the Save Credentials (encrypted) check box if you want to save your
5. Select your preferred vWorkspace Farm location from the following options:
• Inside Office
• Outside Office
6. Click Connect.
7. In the Login Credentials dialog box, enter the following credentials to connect to the vWorkspace
The vWorkspace Farm screen is displayed.
For more information about managing your vWorkspace connection, go to
Configuring vWorkspace Farm
After you log in to the vWorkspace Farm by using the login credentials, the vWorkspace Farm page is
displayed. Use this page to configure the vWorkspace Farm.
1. Click vWorkspace Farm to view the configuration options available.
If you are successfully connected to the vWorkspace Farm, then the status of the connection is
displayed in green color.
2. Click the Settings icon to configure your vWorkspace Farm settings.
a. Select the Automatically connect to this configuration on startup check box to allow auto-
connect to the specified configuration upon startup.
b. From the drop-down list, select your location where you want to deploy the vWorkspace Farm.
The available options are: