The System Properties dialog box is displayed.
4. Click Change option to change the domain or workgroup.
a. Click Domain option.
The Computer Name/Domain Changes dialog box is displayed.
b. Enter the domain of your choice.
c. Click OK.
5. To join a thin client device to a domain, click Network ID.
The Join a Domain or Workgroup wizard is displayed. On the first page of the wizard, select the
option that describes your network.
• Business Network — Click this option if your thin client is a part of business network and you use
it to connect to other clients at work.
1. Click Next.
2. Select the option according to your company’s network availability on a domain.
If you select the option — Network with a domain, then you must enter the following
– User name
– Domain name
If you select the option — Network without a domain, then you may enter the Workgroup,
and then click Next.
NOTE: You can click Next even if you do not know the workgroup name.
3. To apply the changes, you must restart the computer. Click Finish.
Important: Before restarting your computer, save any open files and close all programs.
• Home Network — Click this option if your thin client is a home client and its not a part of a
business network. To apply the changes, you must restart the computer. Click Finish.
CAUTION: Exercise caution when joining the thin client device to a domain as the profile
downloaded at logon could overflow the cache or flash memory.
When joining the thin client device to a domain, the Unified Write Filter should be disabled so that
the domain information can be permanently stored on the thin client device. The Unified Write Filter
should remain disabled through the next restart as information is written to the thin client on the
restart after joining the domain. This UWF is especially important when joining an Active Directory
domain. For details on disabling and enabling the Unified Write Filter, see Before Configuring your
To make the domain changes permanent, complete the following:
a. Disable the Unified Write Filter.
b. Join the domain.
c. Restart the thin client.
d. Enable the Unified Write Filter.