7ASUS VW246/VK246 LCD Monitor
2.7 LifeFrame 2 software
ASUS VK246 provides the easy-to-use LifeFrame 2 software that can work with
the webcam, allowing users to create their own photos or video clips.
• LifeFrame 2 only supports Microsoft® Windows® Vista / XP Service Pack 2 (3)
• The LifeFrame 2 software is bundled in the support CD.
1. Close all other applications.
2. Insert the support CD into the optical drive and run the LifeFrame 2 program.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation
2.6 Built-in webcam support
With the built-in webcam, VK246 allows you to take pictures, have a video
conference, or record video clips. While chatting with friends via Internet-based
communication tools, you can directly show your vivid image.
• A personal computer with Pentium® III 800 MHz or higher processor
• Microsoft® Windows® Vista / XP Service Pack 2 (3) operating systems
• Minimum 200 MB free hard disk space to run the program
• 128 MB of RAM or above
• A display card supporting 16-bit high color mode
• Make sure that the bundled USB cable is connected to both the LCD
monitor and your PC. Otherwise, the webcam will not be activated.
• Make sure that you have installed the Windows® Vista / XP Service Pack 2 (3)
or later versions before using the device.
Using the device
The device transmits images to your PC through the USB 2.0 port. Therefore,
make sure that the bundled USB cable is connected to both the LCD monitor and
your PC before you use the device.