8. Select Connect to the Internet and
7. Return to the Network and
Sharing Center and then click
Set up a new connection or
9. Select Broadband (PPPoE) and click
10. Follow the next onscreen instructions to
complete the setup.
Conﬁguring a static IP network connection
To conﬁgure a static IP network connection:
1. Repeat steps 1 to 4 of the previous section.
2 Click Use the following IP address.
3. Enter the IP address, Subnet mask and Gateway
from your service provider.
4. If needed, enter the preferred DNS Server
address and alternative address.
5. When done, click OK.
30 Chapter 4: Connecting to the Internet