Use an RJ-45 cable to connect your computer to a DSL/cable modem or a local area network (LAN).
Connecting via a DSL/cable modem
To connect via a DSL/cable modem:
1. Set up your DSL/cable modem.
Refer to the documentation that came with your DSL/cable modem.
2. Connect one end of an RJ-45 cable to the LAN (RJ-45) port on the rear panel of your
computer and the other end to a DSL/cable modem.
3. Turn on the DSL/cable modem and your computer.
4. Conﬁgure the necessary Internet connection settings.
• Formoredetails,refertothesectionsConﬁguring a dynamic IP/PPPoE network connection
or Conﬁguring a static IP network connection.
ASUS G11DF 27
Connecting to the Internet