The types of transmission:
, to select “Antenna” or
Automatic Clock and Channel Settings
Please select the wire connected to RF IN.
Conﬁ rm the time, then
– DST (Daylight Saving Time) shows the
– Time Zone shows the time difference from
Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
Set Clock Automatically
Clock Setting completed successfully.
4/4/2008 11:15 AM
If the unit displays “No channels were found.”, turn off the unit
and conﬁ rm the cable or antenna input is connected to the RF IN
terminal. Restart the set up again ( below).
If “Auto Clock Setting is incomplete.” is displayed, press [OK]
and set the clock manually ( right).
If the clock is not correct, set the clock with “Adjust Time Zone”
( 58) or “Set Clock Manually” ( 58).
You can delete channels you don’t need after completing Auto
Channel Setting ( 55).
Restarting the Auto-Setup
(after relocation, for example)
1. When the unit is on and stopped, press and hold [CH ] and
[CH ] on the main unit at the same time for about 5 seconds.
The unit turns off.
2. Press [ DVD/VHS POWER] to turn the unit on.
(The signal source and channel captions revert to their default
values. All scheduled recordings are cleared.)
To cancel in the middle
Manual Clock Setting
Perform steps 1–6 on page 12.
, to select the item you want
Set Clock Manually
Month Day Year Hour Minute
DST Time Zone
, to change the setting.
– Repeat steps 7–8 to change other items.
to conﬁ rm new date and
– The clock starts.
The automatic clock setting can take a few minutes.
The channel and clock settings apply to both DVD and VHS drives.
EST (Eastern Standard Time) GMT 5
CST (Central Standard Time) GMT 6
MST (Mountain Standard Time) GMT 7
PST (Paciﬁ c Standard Time) GMT 8
AST (Alaska Standard Time) GMT 9
HST (Hawaii Standard Time) GMT 10
For other areas: xx hr
DST (Daylight Saving Time)
If you select “On”, the clock is advanced one hour beginning at
2 a.m. on the second Sunday in March and ending at 2 a.m. on the
ﬁ rst Sunday in November.
Set the DST period manually when it varies according to regions
To set the DST period manually
1. Press [FUNCTIONS].
2. Press [, ] to select “Other Functions” then press [OK].
3. Press [, ] to select “Setup” then press [OK].
4. Press [, ] to select “Setup” then press .
5. Press [, ] to select “Clock Settings” then press [OK].
6. Press [, ] to select “Set the time change dates for DST” then
7. Press [, , ] to set the “Month”, “Day”, “Hour”, and
“Minute” then press [OK].
Set the time change dates for DST
Day Hour Minute
Month Day Hour Minute
to start automatic channel/
Conditions of the received channel may cause automatic channel/
clock setting to take extra time.
DMR-EZ48VP.indb 13DMR-EZ48VP.indb 13 2007/12/13 20:42:312007/12/13 20:42:31