Imaging Wyse Thin Clients with Configuration Manager 23
Step 9: Advertise the Push WES7 Image Task Sequence for Image Push
1. In the Configuration Manager console, expand Task Sequences (select Site Database
> Computer Management > Operating System Deployment, and expand Task
2. Right-click the new task sequence (in our example case: Push WES7 Image) and
select Advertise to open the Advertisement Wizard.
3. On the General page, enter a name for the advertisement, for example: Deploying
Reference WES7, and do the following:
• For collection selection, click Browse, select the collection select the collection (for
example, Wyse Z-Class devices), and then click OK.
4. Click Next.
5. On the Schedule page, click on the yellow star next to Mandatory assignments to open
the Assignment Schedule window, select the Assign immediately after this event
option, select As soon as possible in the drop down list, click OK, and then do the
• In the Priority drop down list, select High.
• (Optional) Set the Advertisement start time and expires settings you want.
6. Click Next.
7. On the Distribution Points page, select the Access Content Directly from a
Distribution Point When Needed by Running the Task Sequence option, select any
other options you want, and then click Next.
8. On the Interaction page, click Next.
9. On the Security page, click Next.
10.On the Summary page, click Next.
11. On the Confirmation page, click Close to close the wizard. If the destination thin client
already has a Configuration Manager agent installed, an advertisement will appear.
Click Run Advertisement. The task sequence will run and the thin client will reboot.
IMPORTANT: Be sure the boot order in the BIOS is HDD followed by PXE LAN.
During the image deploy process, the machine will restart in WINPE and deploy the
WES7 reference image.
After successful deployment, the thin client will automatically log on using the local
administrator account and the Wyse scripts will run automatically to enable the
File-Based Write Filter and reboot the thin client. Now the destination client is ready for