Imaging Wyse Thin Clients with Configuration Manager 21
8. On the MOM Maintenance page, click Next.
9. On the Summary page, click Next.
10.After the wizard is completed, click Close. The program should appear under the
Program node of the Prep WES7 Client package.
Step 7: Add Distribution Points to the Prep WES7 Client Software Package
1. Under the Packages node, select the Prep WES7 Client package to expand it.
2. Open the New Distribution Points Wizard (right-click Distribution Points, and then
select New > Distribution Points), and then click Next.
3. On the Copy Package page, select the servers that you want to designate as the
distribution points (other than PXE point), and then click Next.
4. After the wizard is completed, click Close. The distribution points should appear under
the Distribution Point node of the Prep WES7 Client package.
5. Under the Packages node, select the Prep WES7 Client package to expand it.
6. Right-click Distribution Points, select Update Distribution Points, and then click
Yes. The package should be copied to all Distribution Points, except the PXE point.
Step 8: Create a Push WES7 Image Task Sequence for Image Push
1. In the Configuration Manager console, open the New Task Sequence Wizard (select
Site Database > Computer Management > Operating System Deployment > Task
Sequences, right-click Task Sequences, and then select New > Task Sequence).
2. On the Create New Task Sequence page, select the Install an Existing Image
Package option, and then click Next.
3. On the Task Sequence Information page, name the task sequence, for example: Push
WES7 Image, and then click Next.
4. On the Boot Image page, click Browse, select Boot Image (x86), click OK, and then
5. On the Install Windows page, do the following:
• Select the Reference WES7 image (WIM file) package you imported in "Phase 2:
Importing the Captured OS Image (WIM File) into the Configuration Manager
• Select the Always Use the Same Administrator Password option, enter
Wyse#123 for the password (case sensitive).
6. Click Next.
7. On the Configure Network page, select the Join a Workgroup option, type
WORKGROUP for the Name, (Optional: If the thin client needs to be joined to the
domain, then you can also select Join a Domain, browse for the domain, and then
enter the account that has permission to join a thin client to a domain), and then click
8. On the Install ConfigMgr page, select the Configuration Manager Client Upgrade
package you created in "Step 2: Create a Configuration Manager Client Agent
9. Click Next.
10.On the State Migration page, clear (uncheck) all options, and then click Next.
11. On the Include Updates page, click Next.