NOTE: To exit the First Boot Wizard during the network connection status check on the welcome screen, press the Ctrl +
3 On the Would you like to load a ThinOS conguration le from USB? screen, do either of the following:
• To load a ThinOS conguration le from the USB drive, ensure that you create a wnos.ini le and add the le to the /wnos
directory on the USB drive. Using this option, you can load packages, and wallpapers that are specied in the INI le. Plug in the
USB drive to thin client, and click Yes.
NOTE: Only FAT, FAT32, and ExFAT le systems on the USB disk are supported. NTFS le system is not
The thin client validates the conguration le in the USB drive.
– If the ThinOS conguration le in the USB drive is correct, the Read conguration success message is displayed. Click OK to
exit the First Boot Wizard, and log in to the ThinOS system desktop.
– If the ThinOS conguration le in the USB drive is corrupted or the appropriate le is not available, then the Cannot nd
conguration les, or read conguration failure message is displayed. Upload the correct le on the USB drive, plug the USB
drive again, and then click Retry. If the le is correct, the Read conguration success message is displayed. Click OK to exit
the First Boot Wizard, and log in to the ThinOS system desktop.
If you do not want to use the Retry option to load the ThinOS conguration le, then click Abort to enter the System
Preferences conguration setup.
NOTE: To exit the Cannot nd conguration les, or read conguration failure message screen, and load the
ThinOS system desktop, click Exit.
• To enter the System Preferences conguration setup, click No.
4 On the System Preferences Conguration screen, congure the following options:
•Locale—Select a language to start ThinOS in the regional specic language.
•Keyboard Layout—Select a keyboard layout to set the keyboard layout in the regional specic language.
•Time Zone—Select a time zone to set the time zone for your thin client.
•Time Server—Displays the IP addresses or host names with optional port number of time servers.
•Advanced—Click Advanced to congure settings, such as daylight saving, time format, date format, and time servers.
NOTE: To exit the System Preferences Conguration screen, and load the ThinOS system desktop, click
If you are not connected to Ethernet, you cannot continue with the setup, and the Attach the Ethernet cable screen is displayed. Do
either of the following:
• Connect the Ethernet cable to the thin client.
• Click Dene a wireless connection. From the list, select a wireless network, and click Connect.
– The option to dene a wireless connection is not available on thin clients without a WLAN module.
– To exit the Attach the Ethernet cable screen, and load the ThinOS system desktop, click Exit.
After the connection is established, the thin client validates the IP address from DHCP. If the DHCP contains the le server or the
Wyse Device Manager or Wyse Management Suite congurations, then the ThinOS system desktop is loaded. If the DHCP validation
fails, or the network connection fails, then the Management Conguration screen is displayed. Follow steps 6–9.
5 Click Next to enter the Management Conguration setup.
6 On the Management Conguration screen, congure the following:
•File Server—Enter the le server details to apply congurations including INI les, rmware, packages, and so on, from a le
•WMS—Enter the group registration key and the Wyse Management Suite server URL to register the thin client to the Wyse
•WDM—Enter the IP addresses or host names.
•Disable SSL warning—Select this check box to disable the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) connection warnings.
•Certicates Manager—Click Certicates Manager to import or request a certicate.
Wyse 5070 thin client conguration on ThinOS 19