Citrix HDX RealTime Multimedia Engine
RTME 1.8 is a new feature introduced in ThinOS 8.2. This is the Citrix HDX RealTime Optimization Pack
1.8 for Lync. This section provides information about supported platforms for RTME, installation of RTME
package, Citrix remote Server/Desktop host preparation, configuration on ThinOS, and RTME status
check and troubleshooting.
•Introduction to Citrix HDX RealTime Optimization Pack
•Installing the RTME package on ThinOS
•Setting up the RTME 1.8 for Lync
•Verifying the RTME Status
The Citrix HDX RealTime Optimization pack offers high-definition audio and video calls on Lync.
For more information about Citrix RTME 1.8 feature, go to docs.citrix.com/en-us/hdx-optimization/1-8/
For information on how to use Citrix RTME 1.8 feature, go to docs.citrix.com/en-us/hdx-
• Citrix environment: XenDesktop and XenApp 5.6/6.5/7.x
• Lync server and client version 2010 and 2013; Skype for Business client in Lync 2013 GUI is supported.
• Supported networks: LAN, WAN (VPN), wireless and so on.
• Supports calls between RTME clients or between RTME and standard Lync clients.
Installing the RTME package on ThinOS
You are required to install the RTME.i386 package for the RTME 1.8 feature to work on ThinOS.
To install the RTME.i386 package:
1. Upload the RTME.i386.pkg to directory \wnos\pkg\.
NOTE: For RTME package version, see Dell Wyse ThinOS 8.2 Release Notes.
2. You must ensure that the INI autoload is not set to value 0.
3. Restart the thin client and wait till the auto-installation of packages is complete.