Introduction to Flash Redirection
The Flash Redirection solution is to off-load flash content to the ThinOS client, and locally render and
decode the flash playback. The off-loading is conducted by Citrix HDX Flash Redirection. The local
rendering and decoding process are conducted by customized flash player and other multimedia process
that runs locally on ThinOS.
Supported Environment— Supports only Citrix Connections with XenApp 6.5 and later versions and
XenDesktop 7.0 and later versions.
• Wyse 5010 Thin Client with ThinOS (D10D)
• Wyse 7010 Thin Client with ThinOS (Z10D)
• Wyse 5040 AIO Thin Client (5212)
User must install the following packages for the feature to work:
•base.i386.pkg— In ThinOS 8.2 release, this package is integrated into the ThinOS firmware image,
and you need not install or update it manually.
Installation of packages
To install the required packages, follow the steps mentioned here:
1. Upload packages to directory \wnos\pkg\.
2. Ensure that the INI autoload is not set to 0.
3. Restart the client to read the File Server and wait till the auto installation of packages is complete.