4. RDP H.264 on Wyse 5010 series (D series) and Wyse 7010 thin client with ThinOS (Z10D) do not have
HW decoding. This feature is always SW decoded, when it is enabled using INI.
5. RDP H.264 is disabled when system resolution is greater than 1920 x 1200 due to known issues.
6. In dual display (span mode) for ICA connections, two screens can have different type of decoder
based on above rule. The HW decoder requires large amount of VRAM/offscreen memory and D/Z
clients do not have enough VRAM/offscreen memory for two HW decoders. Therefore for ICA
session across two screens, it is likely that one screen is HW decoded and the other is SW decoded.
7. Dual display should have similar performance with single display when user operates in single
To verify the working status of the ICA connections:
When the feature is working, there should be following results:
• ThinOS event log ICA: SuperCodec enabled and ICA: Session size xxxx with HW decoding or Session
size xxxx with SW decoding. Screen shot below shows the ThinOS event log on D client with
connection in dual display full screen, one of the display is HW decoded and the other is SW decoded.
This is applicable for following thin clients:
– Wyse 5010 Thin Client with ThinOS (D10D)
– Wyse 7010 Thin Client with ThinOS (Z10D)
– Wyse 5040 AIO thin client (5212)
• ThinOS event log ICA: SuperCodec enabled. This is applicable for following thin clients:
– Wyse 3010 Thin Client with ThinOS (T10)
– Wyse 3020 thin client with ThinOS (T10D)
• Click HDX Monitor → Graphics → Thinwire advanced → Encoder : DeepCompressionV2Encoder for
NON-HDX3DPro desktops or DeepCompressionEncoder for HDX3DPro desktops.