15. In the Database Engine Configuration screen, select Mixed Mode and enter the SQL Administrator
password and click Add Current User.
16. Click Next on the Error Reporting window.
17. Click Next and make sure that the installation configuration rules does not display any failures.
18. Click Install to begin the installation process.
19. After the installation completes, the installation status is displayed. View the status and click Close to
complete the installation.
Installing SQL Server Failover Cluster on Primary Node
After you complete installing SQL Server 2012 on both the primary and secondary nodes, you need to
configure both the nodes to support the failover clustering.
To install the SQL Server 2012 failover cluster on the primary node:
1. Launch the SQL 2012 Server Installation media.
2. Click Installation and select New SQL Server failover cluster installation.
3. Make sure that the Setup Support Rules screen does not display any failures. Click OK.
4. Enter the product key and click Next.
5. Accept the license terms and click Next.
6. Check the product updates and click Next.
7. Make sure that the Setup Support Rules screen does not display any failures or errors. You can
ignore the warnings and click Next.
8. Select the SQL Server Feature Installation option in the Setup Role screen and click Next.
9. Select all the options under Instance Features → Database Engine Services , and Shared Features →
Client Tools Connectivity on the Feature Selection screen. Click Next.
10. Make sure that the Feature Rules screen does not display any failures. Click Next.
11. In the Instance Configuration screen, enter the following details:
•SQL Server Network Name – WDMCLUSTER
•Named Instance – WDMCLUST
•Instance ID – WDMCLUST
12. Check the Disk Space Requirements and click Next.
13. Leave the default settings on the Cluster Resource Group screen and click Next.
14. Since you have configured a File Share Majority clustering, you do not need to select any disk. Click
Next on the Cluster Disk Selection screen.
15. In the Cluster Network Configuration screen, enable IP4 and provide the IP address for the SQL
Failover cluster and click Next to proceed to the Server Configuration screen.
16. Enter the domain credentials for the SQL Server Agent and SQL Server Database Engine and click
17. In the Database Engine Configuration screen, select the Mixed Mode (SQL Server authentication
and Windows authentication) option and enter the SQL Administrator password.