To install the Workgroup edition:
1. Extract the contents of the WDM installer on the system where you want to install WDM.
2. Navigate to the folder where you have extracted the installer and run Setup .exe.
The Welcome screen is displayed.
3. Click Next.
4. Select Workgroup as the License Type and click Next.
For Workgroup edition, the license key is provided within the Installer and you do not need to enter
5. The components are all selected by default and you cannot de-select any component. Click Next.
6. In the Configure Database screen, you can choose one of the following options:
•Install New Database Server (Microsoft SQL Express 2008 R2) — Select this option if you do not
have any supported version of Microsoft SQL Server installed on the system. Proceed to step 7.
•Use Existing Database Server (SQL Server Express or full) — Select this option if you have already
installed a supported version of Microsoft SQL Server on the system. Proceed to step 8. If you
select this option, make sure that the existing database server is on the same system where you
are installing WDM Workgroup edition.
For more information on supported SQL Server versions, see Software Requirements.
7. Provide the RapportDB database credentials. RapportDB is the WDM database instance that is
created on SQL Server.
a. SQL Server Authentication is selected by default. Select Windows Authentication if you want to
connect to the Rapport Database using your Windows login credentials.
b. Username — The default username is rapport. You can retain the default or change the user
c. Password — Enter the password to connect to the database.
d. Confirm Password — If you are creating a new user, enter the password again.
8. If you have selected the second option in step 6, then provide the following details:
a. Server — Provide the IP address of the server.
b. Port — This is entered by default and the port number is 1433
c. Username — Enter the user name to connect to the existing database.
d. Password — Enter the password to access the database.
9. Click Next. The Configure Software Repository Server screen is displayed.
10. Enter the authentication details for the Software Repository:
a. Configure New Repository Server — select this option if you want the installer to configure the
repository server. You can create a new user or use an existing user.
b. Use Existing Repository Server — select this option if you have already configured the Repository
c. Enter Protocols — Select the protocol and settings to distribute software to the managed
devices. HTTPS is selected by default. You can also select FTP and CIFS.
d. Authentication Type — Windows is selected by default. You can also select Basic.
e. Username — Rapport is displayed by default. You can change this. If you select the Use existing
Repository user option, enter the user name of the existing user.
f. Password — Enter the password to access the repository.
g. Confirm Password — If you are creating a new user, enter the password again.
11. Click Next to install the other services.
12. DHCP Proxy is selected by default. Select the other services if required. Click Next.
13. Provide the installation path and click Next. The summary screen is displayed.
14. Click Next to begin the installation.