Component Software Requirements
WDM 5.0 is available in English version and
supports installation on OS running English,
French, German, and Japanese language versions.
WDM GUI • Windows 7 (32–bit)
• Windows 7 (64–bit)
Database Server You can choose any of the following packages for
the database server:
• Microsoft SQL Server 2005
• Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express
• Microsoft SQL Server 2008
• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express
• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Express (32–bit)
• Microsoft SQL Server 2012
NOTE: SQL Server Express is recommended
only when you are managing less than 2000
devices. When you are managing more than
2000 devices, you need to install SQL Server.
Online Help File If you are unable to view the online help file on
your browser correctly, then you need to install the
Active X Components and Java/JRE components.
NOTE: This issue may come up in browsers
older than IE 9.0
Communication Port Requirements
WDM software components require certain communication ports to remain open on your servers,
routers, and switches. For example, WDM relies on the HTTP/HTTPS communications ports for
operations initiated by WDM and pushed to devices.
Push operations include:
• Issuing quick device commands such as Refresh Device Information, Reboot, Change Device or
Network Information, Get Device Configuration, and so on.
• Distributing packages at a specific time.
Typically, port 80 is the default HTTP port and port 443 is the default HTTPS port. If either of these ports
are closed, WDM cannot push updates or quick commands to devices.