This section lists the prerequisites, the hardware, and software requirements that you must complete to
prepare your environment to install and configure WDM. This section consists of :
• Pre-installation checklist
• Hardware requirements
• Software requirements
• Communication port requirements
• Upgrade requirements
• Requirements for managing PCoIP devices
Before you begin installing WDM, ensure that you meet the following requirements:
• The server on which you install WDM should be dedicated to WDM services and should not be
performing additional functions. For example, the server should not be functioning as a Domain
Controller, Backup Controller, Mail Server, Production Web Server, DHCP Server, MSMQ Server, or
• Install a supported operating system on the server on which you install WDM. For more information,
see Software Requirements.
• Install Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.0 or higher on all systems.
• Install the latest Java/JRE version for your operating system on the system on which you install the
WDM Administrators Console.
• If you are running IIS 7.0 on Windows Server 2008 SP1, or IIS 7.5 on Windows Server 2008 R2 or
Windows 7, update the HAgent on your devices to the latest WDM agents.
• Ensure that no other applications that require IIS are running on the system on which you are
• Ensure that all required communication ports are available and open for communication between
servers, routers, and switches. For more information, see Communication Port Requirements.
• Ensure that you have access to your operating system CD-ROM and your Microsoft Windows system
files during your installation. The WDM installer checks the system for all the software requirements. If
any software is not installed, the installer prompts you to install the required software. Therefore, you
must have access to your operating system CD-ROM or the network location to access the Microsoft
Windows system files.
• Install Adobe Acrobat reader to read the End User License Agreement (EULA) and the Installation