available on the network after you install the VMware Horizon 6. It provides virtualized or hosted desktops and applications through
a single platform to end users.
Use the VMware Horizon Client window to connect to a virtual desktop . To open the VMware Horizon Client window, perform
either of the ways mentioned here:
• On the taskbar, click Start → All Programs → VMware → VMware Horizon Client.
• Double-click the VMware Horizon Client icon on the desktop.
To use the VMware Horizon Client, follow the guidelines mentioned here:
1. To add a new server, click the New Server button or double-click the Add Server icon in the upper-left corner of the VMware
Horizon Client window.
The VMware Horizon Client dialog box is displayed.
2. In the VMware Horizon Client dialog box, enter the host name or IP address of a View Connection Server in the Connection
Server box, and then click Connect.
3. Enter your credentials, and then click Login.
4. Select a desktop from the list, and then click Connect. VMware Horizon Client connects to the selected desktop. After
connection is established, you can view the client window.
For more information, go to www.vmware.com, and refer to the VMware Horizon View Client documentation.
For additional options, click the options icon in the upper-right corner of the VMware Horizon Client window. The available options
are Help, Support information, About VMware Horizon Client, Configure SSL, and Hide the selector after launching an item.
Configuring a vWorkspace Connection
vWorkspace is a concept in which the desktop environment of a computer is separated from the physical computer and hosted as a
virtual workspace on multiple environments, such as a virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), terminal servers, and/or blade PCs
running in a data center.
Workspace virtualization helps group and deliver a list of applications or desktops together as a single complete virtual workspace. It
isolates and centralizes an entire computing workspace. vWorkspace provides flexible, location and platform independent access by
delivering virtual workspace from multiple virtualization platforms.
To configure a vWorkspace connection:
1. Log in as a user or administrator.
2. On the taskbar, click Start → All Programs → Dell Wyse vWorkspace, or double-click the vWorkspace icon on the desktop.
The vWorkspace window is displayed.
3. In the vWorkspace window, enter the vWorkspace Server IP, or your registered email address or website address, and then
4. To retrieve your connector configuration from vWorkspace server, provide the Username, Password, and Domain credentials.
Select the Save Credentials (encrypted) check box if you want to save your login credentials.
5. Select your preferred vWorkspace Farm location from the following options:
• Inside Office
• Outside Office
6. Click Connect.
7. In the Login Credentials dialog box, enter the following credentials to connect to the vWorkspace Farm:
The vWorkspace Farm screen is displayed.