When you log in to your thin client, the Windows desktop displays certain notable features.
You can perform the following activities:
• Browse the internet using Internet Explorer, see Using the Internet Explorer.
• View Dell Thin Client Application, see Using the Dell Thin Client Application.
• Configure Citrix Receiver session services, see Using the Citrix Receiver.
• Use Ericom PowerTerm, see Using Ericom Power Term WebConnect.
• Use Ericom — PowerTerm Session Manager, see Using the Ericom PowerTerm Terminal Emulation.
• Configure Remote Desktop Connections, see Configuring a Remote Desktop Connection Session Services .
• Connect to a virtual desktop using VMware Horizon View Client, see Using the VMware Horizon Client.
• Configure vWorkspace connections, see Configuring a vWorkspace connection.
NOTE: Keyboard Caps Lock Indicator Application — Dell Keyboard driver software is included in the build. This software
provides Caps Lock status indication on the desktop. After you log in to your thin client, when you press the Caps Lock
key to enable the Caps Lock feature, the lock symbol is displayed on the desktop. Again, if you press the Caps Lock key
to disable the Caps Lock feature, the unlock symbol is displayed on the desktop.
Using the Internet Explorer
Use Microsoft Internet Explorer (64-bit) for your browser needs. To open the Internet Explorer, perform either of the ways
• Click the Internet Explorer Quick Launch icon on the taskbar on the Thin Client Administrator desktop.
• Click the Start button on the taskbar, click All Programs, and then from the Programs Menu, click Internet Explorer.
NOTE: The Internet Explorer has internet option settings that are preselected at the factory to limit writing to flash
memory. These settings prevent exhaustion of the limited amount of flash memory available and you should not modify
the settings. If you require more browser resources, you can access another browser through an ICA, RDP, VMware, or
Dell vWorkspace session.
Using the Dell Thin Client Application
Use the Dell Thin Client Application to view the general information about the thin client device, System Shortcuts, Custom fields,
RAM Disk, Auto Logon, CAD Map and Support information.
To access the Dell Thin Client Application page:
•Administrator— On the Administrator desktop, click Start → All Programs → Dell Thin Client Application to open the page.
•User— On the User desktop, click Start → All Programs → Dell Thin Client Application to open the page.
On the left pane of the Dell Thin Client Application page, click the following tabs:
•Client Information— Displays the following thin client device information.