The following configurations can be made in the following tabs:
•Playback : Select a playback device to modify its settings. After the changes are made, click Apply.
•Recording : Select a recording device to modify its settings. After the changes are made, click Apply.
•Sounds : A sound theme is a set of sounds applied to events in Windows and programs. You can
select an existing scheme or save one you have modified. After the changes are made, click Apply.
•Communications : Windows can automatically adjust the volume of different sounds when you are
using your PC to place or receive phone calls.
Select any one of the radio button as per your requirement, when windows detects communication
– Mute all other sounds
– Reduce the volumes of other sounds by 80%
– Reduce the volumes of other sounds by 50%
– Do nothing
Volume can also be adjusted using the Volume icon in the system tray of the taskbar. Powered speakers
To manage users and groups, go to Start → Control Panel → User Accounts.
The following tasks can be performed in the User Accounts window:
• Change your password
• Remove your password
• Change your picture.
For more information, refer Managing Users and Groups with User Accounts.
Using WDM Software for Remote Administration
Use the WDM Properties dialog box to configure the WDM server location and thin client settings. Use
the following guidelines to configure the Dell Wyse Device Manager (WDM) settings:
1. Log in as an Administrator.
2. On the Start menu, click Control Panel → WDM.
The WDM Properties dialog box is displayed.
a. Configure the Server settings:
• Type the IP Address or Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) of the WDM server.
• Enter the Port to use. The default is 80.
• If you are using HTTPS, enter the Secure Port to use. The default is 443. (Optional)
b. Configure the Client settings:
• To connect to the WDM server after a failed attempt, enter the Server Connection Retry
Attempts that is the number of attempts.