Storing an Item in the Handset Phonebook
Storing a New Item
1. Press or the [CENTER] navigation key.
2. Select "New Phonebook" by pressing the arrow keys, and then press .
3. Enter a name (max. 24 characters), and then press .
4. Press [ ] or [ ] to select a phone number type (A to E), and then press .
5. Enter the phone number (max. 32 digits), and then press .
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to add additional phone number types.
7. Press [ ] or [ ] to select "Category Off", and then press .
8. Select a category, and then press .
9. To select a default number for the entry, press  or [ ] to select "Default TEL No", and then press
10.Press  or [ ] to select the number to use as the default number, and then press .
RSteps 7 and 8 can be omitted if you do not want to assign a category.
RSteps 9 and 10 can be omitted if you do not want to assign a default number. (The first number
entered for an entry will automatically be assigned as the default number.)
RThe valid digits are "0" through "9", " ", " ", "P ( )".
RIf an item with the same name and number exists, the new information added will be merged with the
RTo enter characters, see Page 58.
Editing a Stored Item
1. Press .
2. Press [ ] or [ ] to select "H/S Phonebook", and then press .
3. Enter a name.*1
4. Press .
5. Press [ ] or [ ] to select the desired item, if required.
6. Press to open the phonebook sub-menu.
7. Press [ ] or [ ] to select "Edit", and then press .
8. Edit the name, phone number, category, and default number setting as necessary.
9. Press .
*1 This step can be omitted.
RTo change a character or digit, press [ ] or [ ] to highlight it, press to delete it, and then enter
the new character or digit.
RTo clear an entire line, press and hold for more than 1 second.
RTo move the cursor to the left or right, press [ ] or [ ], respectively.
Using the Handset Phonebook