Setting up the wireless security settings
To protect your wireless network from unauthorized access, you
need to conﬁgure its security settings.
To set up the wireless security settings:
1. Key in http://router.asus.com or http://192.168.1.1 on your
2. On the login screen, key in the default user name (admin) and
password (admin), then click OK. The wireless router’s web GUI
3. On the Network Map screen, the System status area displays
the wireless security settings such as SSID, security level, and
4. On the Wireless name (SSID) ﬁeld, key in a unique name for
your wireless network.
5. From the Authentication Method dropdown list, select the
encryption method for your wireless network.
6. Key in your security passkey.
7. Click Apply.
e8760_dsl-n14u_manual.indd 19 12/23/13 9:18:11 AM