Connecting your devices
To set up your ADSL router using a wired connection:
1. Insert the splitter’s line connector to the phone outlet and
connect your phone into the phone port.
2. Using the bundled phone cable, connect your DSL-N14U’s
ADSL port to the splitter’s DSL port.
3. Using the bundled network cable, connect your computer to
the ADSL router’s LAN port.
• Use a wired connection when setting up your wireless router
to avoid possible wireless setup issues.
• Before setting up your ASUS wireless router, do the following:
• If you are replacing an existing router, disconnect it from
• Disconnect the cables/wires from your existing modem. If
your modem has a backup battery, remove it as well.
• Reboot your computer (recommended).
Wall power outlet
e8760_dsl-n14u_manual.indd 11 12/23/13 9:18:08 AM