IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
—To reduce the risk of burns, electric
shock, fire, injury to persons, or exposure to excessive microwave energy:
1. Read all instructions before using this appliance.
2. Read and follow the specific “PRECAUTIONS TO AVOID POSSIBLE EXPO-
SURE TO EXCESSIVE MICROWAVE ENERGY,” found on the inside front
3. This appliance must be grounded. Connect only to a properly grounded outlet.
See “GROUNDING INSTRUCTIONS” found on page 4.
4. As with any cooking appliance, DO NOT leave oven unattended while in use.
5. Install or locate this appliance only in accordance with the installation instruc-
tions found on page 3.
6. DO NOT cover or block any openings on this appliance.
7. DO NOT store this appliance outdoors. DO NOT use this product near water—
for example, near a kitchen sink, in a wet basement, or near a swimming pool
or similar locations.
8. Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. DO
NOT use corrosive chemicals, vapors or non-food products in this appliance.
This type of oven is specifically designed to heat, or cook food. It is not
designed for industrial or laboratory use. The use of corrosive chemicals in
heating or cleaning will damage the appliance and may result in radiation
9. When cleaning surfaces of the door and oven that come together on closing
the door, use only mild, non-abrasive soaps or detergents applied with a
sponge or soft cloth.
10. DO NOT allow children to use this appliance, unless closely supervised by an
adult. DO NOT assume that because a child has mastered one cooking skill
he/she can cook everything.
11. DO NOT operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not
working properly, or if it has been damaged or dropped.
12. DO NOT immerse cord or plug in water.
13. Keep cord away from heated surfaces.
14. DO NOT let cord hang over edge of a table or counter.
15. This appliance should be serviced only by qualified service personnel. Contact
the nearest authorized service center for examination, repair or adjustment.
16. Some products such as whole eggs with or without shell, narrow neck bottles
and sealed containers—for example, closed glass jars—may explode and
should not be heated in this oven.
17. To reduce the risk of fire in the oven cavity:
(a) DO NOT overcook food. Carefully attend appliance when paper, plastic, or
other combustible materials are placed inside the oven to facilitate cooking.
(b) Remove wire twist-ties from paper or plastic bags before placing bag in
(c) If material inside the oven ignites, keep oven door closed, turn oven
off, and disconnect the power cord, or shut off power at the fuse or
circuit breaker panel.
(d) DO NOT use the cavity for storage purposes. DO NOT leave paper
products, cooking utensils or food in the cavity when not in use.
Your microwave oven is a cooking appliance and you should use as much care
as you use with a stove or any other cooking appliance. When using this electric
appliance, basic safety precautions should be followed, including the following:
Thank you for purchasing a Panasonic Microwave Oven.