• In the Keyboard section, from the drop-down list select the desired environment you want to
apply the keyboard combinations.
• In the Local devices and resources section, select devices and resources that you want to use
in your remote session. Click More for more options.
d. In the Programs tab, to start a default program with the remote session, select the Start the
following program on connection check box and specify the details.
e. In the Experience tab optimize the performance of your remote session based on the connection
NOTE: If you find that the File Based Write Filter (FBWF) cache is filling up, you can disable
Bitmap caching in the Experience tab after clicking Show Options in the window.
f. In the Advanced tab, in the Server Authentication section, from the drop-down list, select the
action you want the thin client to perform when the server authentication fails.
In the Connect from anywhere section, click Settings to configure the connection settings such
as Remote Desktop Gateway server settings and logon settings when you are working remotely.
5. Click Connect.
6. Enter the login credentials for connecting to the remote session in the Security dialog box.
NOTE: The standard version (default) is used for a single monitor display, while the Span version can
be used when extending a single session to two monitors for dual-monitor capable thin clients. The
Span version can be used when extending a single session to two monitors for dual-monitor.
Using VMware Horizon Client
Use the VMware Horizon Client window to connect to a virtual desktop . To open the VMware Horizon
Client window, perform either of the ways mentioned here:
• On the taskbar, click Start → All Programs → VMware → VMware Horizon Client.
• Double-click the VMware Horizon Client icon on the desktop.
To use the VMware Horizon Client, follow the guidelines mentioned here:
1. To add a new server, click the New Server button or Double-click the Add Server icon in the upper-
left corner of the VMware Horizon Client window.
The VMware Horizon Client dialog box is displayed.
2. In the VMware Horizon Client dialog box, enter the host name or IP address of a View Connection
Server in the Connection Server box, and then click Connect.
3. Enter your credentials, and then click Login.
4. Select a desktop from the list, and then click Connect. VMware Horizon Client connects to the
selected desktop. After connection is established, you can view the client window.
For more information, go to www.vmware.com., and refer to VMware Horizon View Client
For additional options, click the options icon in the upper-right corner of the VMware Horizon Client
window. The available options are Help, Support information, About VMware Horizon Client, Configure
SSL, and Hide the selector after launching an item.