support, Wake-On-LAN, change device properties, and so on. With WDM you can manage all of your
network devices from one simple-to-use console
For information on setting WDM properties, see Using WDM Software for Remote Administration.
For local custom fields that can be accessed by WDM, see Dell Wyse Custom Fields.
Using WDM Software for Remote Administration
Use the WDM Properties dialog box to configure the WDM server location and thin client settings. Use
the following guidelines to configure the Dell Wyse Device Manager (WDM) settings:
1. Log in as an Administrator.
2. On the Start menu, click Control Panel → WDM.
The WDM Properties dialog box is displayed.
a. Configure the Server settings:
• Type the IP Address or Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) of the WDM server.
• Enter the Port to use. The default is 80.
• If you are using HTTPS, enter the Secure Port to use. The default is 443. (Optional)
b. Configure the Client settings:
• To connect to the WDM server after a failed attempt, enter the Server Connection Retry
Attempts that is the number of attempts.
• To connect to the WDM server after a failed attempt, enter the Interval Between Retry
Attempts that is the number of seconds between attempts.
c. Configure the Discovery settings:
• Select the Use all configured automatic discovery methods check box if you want to enable
all of the following methods — they are used if they are configured. For more information on
setting up the discovery options, see WDM Installation Guide.
• Select DNS Hostname Record (Dynamic Discovery) to allow devices to use the DNS
Hostname lookup method to discover a WDM Server.
• Select DNS SRV Record (Dynamic Discovery) Allows devices to use the DNS SRV record
lookup method to discover a WDM Server.
• Select DHCP Option Tags (Dynamic Discovery) to allow devices to use DHCP option tags to
discover a WDM Server.
• Select Manual Discovery using Find Devices in Management Console — (Manual Discovery
from WDM) if no Dynamic Discovery method is used. You can use the Find Devices dialog box
to discover devices from WDM. WDM Agents respond to the server discovery by storing the
discovered Web Server IP address and port and begin regular check-ins.
• Enter the number of Missed check-ins after which you want the auto-discovery options
3. Click OK to save the settings.
Wyse Configuration Manager provides a simple solution to create and apply configuration files to
supported thin-client devices.