3Installing Wyse USB Firmware Tool
In this chapter you will install Wyse USB Firmware Tool onto one of the following
supported operating systems:
• Windows XP Professional SP3
• Windows 2003 Server
• Windows Server 2008 R2
• Windows 7 Enterprise (32-bit and 64-bit)
• Windows 7 Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit)
You must complete the following procedures as an administrator.
1. Download the Wyse USB Firmware Tool v1.15_GA.exe to a folder on your machine (go
to http://www.wyse.com/serviceandsupport/support/downloads.asp, in the Product
Downloads Active list, select USB Firmware Tool under Wyse Imaging Tools, click
Search, and then download the Wyse USB Firmware Tool software).
2. Double-click the Wyse USB Firmware Tool v1.15_GA.exe to execute the file and open
the WinZip Self-Extractor dialog box.
3. Enter the destination folder you want (for example, C:\USBFT) in the Unzip to folder
box, and then click Unzip to extract all files from the Wyse USB Firmware Tool
v1.15_GA.exe file into the folder. The default directory for the extracted files is Wyse
USB Firmware Tool.
It is not recommended to use your desktop for the destination folder as there
are several files that will be extracted from the .exe file.
4. After installation, create a shortcut on the desktop for the Wyse USB Firmware
Tool.exe file (see your operating system documentation).
You can now use Wyse USB Firmware Tool to configure the USB keys you need to:
• Pull and push firmware (see "How to Copy/Pull and Push Firmware")
• Push firmware (see "How to Update/Push Firmware")
• Make duplicates of a configured USB key (see "How to Replicate Configured USB
Windows 7 users must run Wyse USB Firmware Tool as an administrator.