Chapter 1: Knowing your wireless router RT-N10E
Check the following items in your ASUS Wireless Router package.
RT-N10E Wireless Router x1
Power adapter x1
Support CD (manual, utilities) x1
RJ45 cable x1
Quick Start Guide x1
Note: If any of the items is damaged or missing, contact your retailer.
Before installing the ASUS Wireless Router, ensure that your system/network
meets the following requirements:
• An Ethernet RJ-45 port (10Base-T/100Base-TX)
• At least one IEEE 802.11b/g/n device with wireless capability
• An installed TCP/IP and Internet browser
Before you proceed
Take note of the following guidelines before installing the ASUS Wireless Router:
• The length of the Ethernet cable that connects the device to the network (hub,
ADSL/cable modem, router, wall patch) must not exceed 100 meters.
• Keep the device clear from metal obstructions and away from direct sunlight.
microwave ovens, refrigerators, and other industrial equipment to prevent
• Install the device in a central area to provide ideal coverage for all wireless