6 Cam Brake Assembly and Installation
32 ArvinMeritor Maintenance Manual MM-0361 (Revised 04-10)
Axles with Sleeve Adjustable Cross Tubes
1. Loosen the tie rod clamp located on the sleeve side of the tie
2. Rotate the sleeve to set toe-in or toe-out.
3. Tighten the clamp to the correct torque. Refer to Section 8.
4. Verify that the cross tube drop center does not interfere with
the carrier or other vehicle components. Larger axles should
have the drop center inclined at 5-10 degrees to vertical for
optimum clearance at maximum turn conditions. Figure 6.31.
5. Check the toe-in measurement again to verify that it is within
the correct limits.