6 Cam Brake Assembly and Installation
ArvinMeritor Maintenance Manual MM-0361 (Revised 04-10)
NOTE: Toe-in must be measured with the weight of the vehicle on
the axle and the axle on a level floor. Use the following procedure.
1. Use a jack to raise the front axle.
2. Use a piece of chalk to mark the center area of both front tires
around the complete circumference.
3. Place a scribe or pointed instrument against the center of the
whitened part of each tire and rotate the tires. The scribe must
be held in place so that a single straight line is marked all
around the tire.
4. Place a full-floating turning radius gauge plate under each
wheel. Lower the vehicle and remove the lock pins from the
앫If full-floating gauge plates are not available: Lower the
vehicle to the floor and move the vehicle backward
approximately six feet (1.8 m) and then forward for the
5. Set the slide scale end of a trammel bar to ZERO and lock the
scale in place.
6. Place the trammel bar at the rear of the tires. Adjust the pointer
to line up with the scribe lines on the tires. Lock the pointers in
place. The sliding scale still must be set on ZERO. Figure 6.28.
7. Place the trammel bar at the front of the tires. Adjust the
pointer to line up with the scribe lines. Figure 6.29.
8. Read the toe-in or toe-out from the scale. Toe-in must be one
of the following specifications.
앫Unloaded: 0.06 ± 0.31-inch (1.59 ± 0.79 mm)
앫Loaded: 0.31 ± 0.31-inch (0.79 ± 0.79 mm)
9. If toe-in adjustment is necessary, use the following procedure.
Y – X = TOE-IN