8 WHEELCHAIR OPERATION
Part No 1143151 69 Invacare 3G Storm Series®
8.6 Disengaging/Engaging Motor Lock Levers
4 Pole Motors
1. Perform one of the following (Detail A):
• Disengage (Push) - Pull motor lock levers upward.
• Engage (Drive) - Push motor lock levers downward.
1. Perform one of the following (Detail B):
• Engage (Drive) - Pull motor lock lever into Up position.
• Disengage (Push) - Push motor lock lever into Down position.
DO NOT engage or disengage motor locks until the power is in the Off position.
For this procedure, refer to FIGURE12 on page 70.
Motor lock disengagement/engagement allows free wheeling or joystick controlled operation. Free wheeling allows an
assistant to maneuver the wheelchair without power.
Effort to engage/disengage motor lock levers is 25 to 30 pounds*.
Force to operate motor lock lever exceeds ANSI/RESNA WC/VOL2-1998 requirements for section 14.7 paragraph 7.2d.