8 WHEELCHAIR OPERATION
Invacare 3G Storm Series® 56 Part No 1143151
8.3 CMPJ+ Joystick Switches and Indicators
On/Off - Drive Select Toggle Switch
The drive select toggle switch is located on the left side, below the LCD. The drive select position is momentary, meaning that it will return to the
neutral position after a selection is made.
This switch allows the operator to select the type of operation or performance which best suits a particular control need or situation. The DRIVE 1
program uses performance values which are independent of those used for the DRIVE 2 or 3 or 4 program. As an example, an operator may have a
control need for spasticity in the morning and a very different need in the afternoon. DRIVE 1 can be programmed for higher speeds and quicker
response while DRIVE 2 can be programmed for slower speeds and less responsiveness or vise versa. The other two drive programs could be indoor
and outdoor versions of DRIVE 1 and DRIVE 2.
Selecting the Drive Mode
1. Move the toggle up and release. DRIVE 1 will appear on LCD.
2. Move the toggle up and release again. DRIVE 2 will appear on LCD.
3. Move the toggle up and release again. DRIVE 3 will appear on LCD.
4. Move the toggle up and release again. DRIVE 4 will appear on LCD.
5. Move the toggle up and release one more time to select DRIVE 1.
FIGURE4 CMPJ+ Joystick Switches and Indicators
For this procedure, refer to FIGURE4.
Port 1/2 or External
Mode Switch To Controller
Input (Front of Joystick)
Memory Card Slot