Part No 1143151 117 Invacare 3G Storm Series®
11.16 Adjusting the Extended Active Anti-Tippers
1. Loosen locknuts A, B and C.
2. Lift anti-tipper and place ¼-inch block underneath the wheel.
3. Tighten locknut A upward against the bearing.
4. Tighten locknut B upward against locknut A.
5. Tighten locknut C downward against bearing inside anti-tip assembly.
6. Remove ¼-inch block.
7. Repeat STEPS 1-6 for the remaining anti-tip assembly.
8. Install the dust cover onto each anti-tip assembly.
Pinch points exist between seat and base frames. Use caution, otherwise injury may occur.
Anti-Tippers must be used at all times. When outdoors on wet, soft ground or on gravel surfaces, anti-tippers may not
provide the same level of protection against tip over. Extra caution must be observed when traversing such surfaces.
Wheelchairs equipped with ventilator tray MUST have extended active anti-tippers installed, otherwise, injury or damage
Wheelchairs that are NOT equipped with optional ventilator tray MUST have either the standard anti-tippers or the
optional extended active anti-tippers installed, otherwise, injury or damage may occur. Refer to Detail “A” and Detail “B” in
For this procedure, refer to FIGURE15 on page 118.
The extended active anti-tippers are standard when the wheelchair is equipped with a ventilator tray.
The recommended height requirement for the anti-tippers, which is factory preset, is ¼-inch off the ground/floor.